Another day in the life
October 10, 2009 § 2 Comments
I wish I had a weird and wonderful story about my absence. But I don’t. However, amongst the many uneventful things that has occurred in the past 2 weeks, I do have some highlights to share:
– Heard my neighbour having very loud sex. From what I could gather, it was fairly good. It was a cheerful end to an otherwise cheerless night.
– Finishing up my agonizing contract work next week. Goodbye to water views and screaming children from Luna Park.
– Got a temporary (reluctant) housemate.
– Hosted my second couchsurfer, this time a girl from Chicago. It was a rather neutral experience.
– Printed my e-book manuscript, which was fun. Randomly posted it to some publishers, but I’m not crossing my fingers.
– Have a pretty brand spanking new Ipod dock, courtesy of the lovely companion. Music never sounded so good!
– Watched the movie ‘Moon’. Recommended for Sam Rockwell and its unexpected sojourn into ‘what the?’ halfway through.
– Embracing the Sydney winter which decided to make a comeback.
– Flipped and got the new Dan Brown novel after all. Good mindless company throughout all the wet weather, as long as you don’t expect too much out of it.
– Planning my next escape from reality.